It is on record that Tanzania is a land rich in minerals. Mining makes up more than 50% of the country’s total exports, of which a large part comes from gold while other minerals being iron ore, nickel, copper, cobalt, silver, diamond, tanzanite, ruby, garnet, limestone, soda ash, gypsum, salt, phosphate, gravel, sand, dimension stones, lately graphite, coal, uranium.
Swiss Attorney’s has a strong mining practice having assisted a number of companies wishing to invest in mining industry and those intending to buy minerals in the following areas:
- Assisted clients to process and obtain mineral export permit, mining license and conduct due diligence on behalf of client with a view of ascertaining the legal existence of the intended mineral seller.
- Advise on acquisition of reconnaissance, exploration and mining licenses and financing of exploration and mining business.
- Reviewing draft mining development agreements.
- Prepare legal survey of the mining sector and preparing a high level legal summaries and responses to jurisdictional questionnaires in relation to the mining sector.
- Interfacing with the government department, Petroleum and Natural Gas and facilitation of reconnaissance, exploration and mining licenses.
- Representing clients in negotiations relating to disputes in connection with exploration and mining rights.
Immigration and Employment Services